Created in February 2006, Closer is an Information Technology company with offices in five countries, focused on 3 business areas: Research & Development, Consulting and Outsourcing.
We are looking for a Web Developer to be part of our newly-created Data & Actuarial Sciences team in Lisbon.
As Web Developer you will create advanced web applications that bring interactivity to data science and actuarial science models relevant to the insurance business. You will carry out both front- and back-end development of web applications, with emphasis on front-end development. For that purpose, you will work in close cooperation with Data Science & Analytics team based in Zurich, the Non-Life Actuarial Science team based in Bern, and the Life Actuarial Science team based in Nyon. Furthermore, you will work together with a local team of Data Scientists and Actuaries in Lisbon. This is a great opportunity to gain a deeper understanding on data science-related subjects.
The successful applicant will:
- Have hands-on experience with one or more of the following technologies: AngularJS, SASS, Typescript, D3.js-based libraries, Java Spring, Scala Play and Python Flask;
- Hold a degree (BSc or MSc) in Computer Science / Software Engineering;
- Be fluent in English;
- Show evidence of strong analytical skills, methodological thinking and problem solving capabilities;
- Knowledge of German (is a plus);
- Knowledge of French (is a plus);
- Hands-on experience with Information Retrieval engines (e.g., ElasticSearch, Solr) (is a plus);
- Hands-on experience with PHP and Drupal CMS (legacy system) (is a plus).