Team Lead - Data & Actuarial Sciences
Created in February 2006, Closer is an Information Technology company with offices in five countries, focused on 3 business areas: Research & Development, Consulting and Outsourcing.
We are looking for a Senior Scientist/Manager to head our newly-created Data & Actuarial Sciences team in Lisbon, Portugal.
As Team Lead for Data & Actuarial Sciences you will be responsible for managing the delivery of data science software solutions and actuarial models relevant to the insurance business. For that purpose, you will work in close cooperation with Data Science & Analytics team based in Zurich, the Non-Life Actuarial Science team based in Bern, and the Life Actuarial Science team based in Nyon. Furthermore, you will manage a local team of Data Scientists and Actuaries in Lisbon. You will also be expected to travel to Zurich, Bern and Nyon sporadically, according to need in the course of project work.
The successful applicant will:
- Have several years of experience in leading teams of computer scientists, data scientists and/or actuaries;
- Hold a degree (MSc or PhD) in Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics;
- Be able to effectively communicate complex ideas and concepts to senior management;
- Be fluent in English;
- Have experience in deploying concrete data science solutions and/or actuarial models in production in companies, working together with their respective IT departments;
- Be willing to travel between Lisbon and Switzerland;
- Show evidence of strong managerial skills, excellent communication skills, strong analytical skills, methodological thinking and problem solving capabilities;
- Knowledge of German (is a plus);
- Knowledge of French (is a plus);
- Previous experience in working in Switzerland (is a plus);
- Previous experience in working in the insurance industry (is a plus).