Junior Reserving Actuary
Founded in 2006 and with activity in five countries – Portugal, Brazil, Hong Kong, Macedonia, and United Kingdom –, Closer is a Data Science company specialized in Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence.
Right from the start, you’ll have the opportunity to work in an innovative work environment and to take responsibility in operative and project activities in insurance reserving topics.
Participation in projects and operative tasks in the calculation of insurance provisions:
- In particular, at the Reserve Analytics project with machine learning techniques, you will develop new reservation procedures at the Micro Level Reserving level.
- Supporting the periodic reporting activities for the quarterly closing.
- Responsible for the documentation and presentation of analysis results.
- Working closely with data scientists, forming the interface between actuarial reserving and data science topics.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Physics, Mathematics or Actuarial Sciences.
- Hands-on programming skills in Python, R or similar scripting languages.
- Good Excel knowledge.
- Ideally, having some experience with the ResQ software.
- Affluent in numbers, communicative and have strong analytical skills as well as a very high level of motivation and initiative.
- Interested in insurance and in the dialogue between Actuarial Science, Data Science and various specialist departments.
- Independent, goal-oriented and creative way of working distinguishes you.
- Very good knowledge of the English language and ideally also German language skills.
- Determined to become involved in this position over a longer term (>2 years).